NinaB Designs April Blog Hop

Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome to the NinaB Designs Blog Hop! (Scroll down to the next post for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Previews). The theme of this month's hop is Stamping Techniques. Nina challenged the team to do a technique, which could be as simple as coloring, die-cutting or more involved like emboss resist, making your own embellishments, etc. Here's my card for the hop.


I used a few different techniques on my card. The bird which is from the Soaring High stamp set from The Craft's Meow, I heat embossed using Butterscotch Adirondack embossing powder. I fussy cut it out and inked the edges using Scattered Straw Distress Ink.


The background I embossed with an embossing folder from Bringing Crafts-Too you and rubbed the embossed surface with Gilding Waxes (I used Gleam Golds Gilding Waxes from Crafty Notions), I applied it with a small square of felt, you can also use a cotton bud (Q-tip). It was my first time using these and I love the results!


The sentiment is also from the Soaring High stamp set from The Craft's Meow, stamped using VersaFine Black Onyx and I used Scattered Straw Distress Ink on the edges.


I really love the sentiment in this set, it's really beautiful. The fussy cut border (from Vintage Clocks by The Craft's Meow) I stamped using Memento Potter's Clay.


Here are the stamp sets I used on my card today. 






The NinaB Designs team is giving away these TWO PRIZE PACKAGES:

Prize #1

TCM's Crafty Shelf and Retired LOC Elegant Labels set

 Prize #2

Winners will be picked randomly from 2 of the designers' blogs:

Everybody is welcome to comment and be eligible to win. The winners will be announced on April 22 on Nina's Blog, where you will also find all the relevant info regarding the giveaways. Thank you for joining us today!

28 comments

  1. Great card--I like all the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the layers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare,
    Beautiful card. Love the gold wax on the embossed blue panel, great fussy cutting on that border too :-) .

    Donna Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness ... that eagle turned out so amazing ... looks like leather! Love your technique and will be trying it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background and card. Love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the techniques you've used, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card; love the details. Great job; thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I like that you used diff techniques, I specially like the top panel. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card (and fussy cutting!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful detail on such a beautiful card. The eagle is gorgeous
    Thank U 4 this opportunity
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous! I love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! LOVING this!! SUCH a BEAUTIFUL Design and color combo!! THANKS for sharing and for the chances to win!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card...I love these images... Your embossing really shows here and I love all those colors. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is So beautiful! I love the embossing and gorgeous colors you used. Elegant and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow love the gold detail and the wonderful bird image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us today. Great techniques! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful card. Loved the embossing and the gilding. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Fantastic detail with all the embossing and layers. The sentiment is perfect with the bird. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, and I particularly love the way you have used the guilding waxes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  20. All that embossing makes for such a special card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous! I love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card. Love the colors, stamps and embossing.
    God bless,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! Lots of beautiful details and a lovely color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card - I especially like the gilding wax effect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card, thanks for the inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Exquisitely done, Clare! I love how you incorporated so many techniques in one lovely card. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.