The Craft's Meow - Mother's Day or Feminine Card

Thursday, April 18, 2013


It's day two of The Craft's Meow themed blog posts, today the theme is Mother's Day or Feminine card. I made a pretty paper-pieced scene using a combo of stamps from Beautiful Shelf, Baby Shelf, Vintage Clocks and Cherished.


For the paper-piecing I used patterned papers from Howdy Doody (Miss Caroline) by My Mind's Eye and Blank Canvas by Trimcraft. I thought the shelf from Beautiful Shelf also made a good sideboard so I stamped it onto some wood effect paper and added some subtle shading with Distress Markers. I used the smallest clock from the Vintage Clocks, it was just the right scale for my little scene, I stamped it in black, added some shading with Distress Markers and fussy cut it out.


The hat and perfume bottle are from Beautiful Shelf and the lamp is from Baby Shelf. I again paper pieced them and added shading with Distress Markers. To add dimension I added all the cut pieces to the card using Collall 3D Glue Gel from Crafter's Companion, this stuff is great for adhering smaller pieces where foam pads (sticky fixers) are too big.


The sentiment from the Cherished stamp set I stamped using VersaFine Black Onyx. I added some subtle shading to the edges of the card using Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.


I really love how this one turned out, makes me want to make another little scene card. Visit The Craft's Meow Blog to see what the rest of the DT have come up with. The DT will be back tomorrow with some more inspiration. From April 17th, until Sunday April 21st, Lisa is having a SALE, with 21% off everything in store, so it's great chance to buy some of the stamps on your wish list! The code is April21 at checkout. That's not all! There's a $15 Gift Certificate up for grabs, for a chance to win, do the rounds of the DT's blogs and also leave a comment on The Craft's Meow blog by 8:00pm Pacific tonight. Good luck! Here are the stamp sets I used on my card today.






13 comments

  1. I just love the sweet old fashioned look of this card! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Such attention to detail. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love the little scene you set up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene, I love how artfully you combined diff sets to get just the perfect atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what detail and such an amazing scene with all that paper piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Mother's Day card! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inviting scene you have created. Thank you for your detailed description of how you created this very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card and fantastic scene you created here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an AMAZING Card for today!! It totally reminds me of my grandmothers house!! LOVE all of the details!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh..Oh... OH! I love this cute card. My mom would love it too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.