Waltzingmouse Stamps April Release blog waltz

Thursday, April 18, 2013


Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps April release DT blog waltz! You should have arrived here from the amazing Becca's blog. If you've gotten lost along the way visit Claire's blog for the full list of participants.Today three fabulous new stamp sets are being released - My Kind of Guy, Nordic Baby and Man of the Hour. For my cards today I used the two new masculine sets, My Kind of Guy and Man of the Hour. I went with a classic black and white theme today, can't go wrong with that!


I used the chalkboard technique, embossing the frame, text and motif stamp in white, I added some shadow detail to the text with a white pencil and inked the edges with some pigment ink.


For my second card I used lots of different elements from My Kind of Guy, this is such a great masculine set, I LOVE it!


I love this circle frame, to fit the stamped chap in the middle I stamped him on a separate piece of card and cut a circle around him (just using a compass, believe it or not I don't actually have circle dies!). The Charcoal Twine is from SRM Stickers.


The border I stamped in black and fussy cut it out. The 'I say old bean' is from My Kind of Guy and the 'Thanks' is from Man of the Hour. Next up on the waltz is the lovely Kelly! Enjoy the rest of the creations from the design team! Oh AND there will be a prize of a stamp set of choice from a random drawing from comments left on our blogs. You have until April 21st at 11:59PM (GMT) to leave your comments.




23 comments

  1. Love both designs on these great b&w cards Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Old Bean - such jolly work! Sorry, couldn't resist. Love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love black and white cards and this is really cute!
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Clare, this is my second time through the hop because there is so much to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards.... I love the chalkboard technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these Clare! The lace on the first one is beautiful! I bought them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare, I don't usually like black and white for cards but these two are making me rethink! Love how the "Brogue" stands out. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really nice cards - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the combo of blank and white/cream on these card. not to mention the textures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the black and white color scheme and great chalkboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness Clare, another stunning set of cards from you! You have such a keen eye for detail and balance - these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the black and white color combo and the chalkboard technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards for today!! Such fun designs!! Loving the frame and the embossing!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I just love these cards...especially the Old Bean card...really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fab Clare, jolly spiffing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards, love the embossing, layers, twin and uses of the new stamps sets. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are just awesome Clare!! I love the classic black and white colour scheme, fits in perfectly with these timeless sets - which I must get!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both of these cards. The first is my favorite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful masculine cards...I love the chalkboard look on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love this stamp set! Many elements are so versatile & I just wish my dad was alive do I could have the opportunity to send him something like this. The cards are brilliant.

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both cards. The black and white is both modern and traditional at the same time and goes so well with these stamp sets. I especially love the medallion. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. clare, lovely works of art and great showcasing of the stamps. appreciate the deets on how to get the look

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.