Waltzingmouse Stamps April Release Preview Day 1

Monday, April 15, 2013


It's going to be a busy week on the blog, so hold on to your hats! Kicking off the week we have the Waltzingmouse Stamps April Release Previews!! Today the design team are previewing the new stamp set - My Kind of Guy. Three fabulous new sets are being released this month on April 18th.


This release the stamps have a strong focus on the masculine, which I am happy to see, I was a bit short on options for masculine cards. I love this new set - My Kind of Guy, there's a great mix of sentiments, fabulous frames and borders and some great motifs. I used the rectangle frame on my card along with a combo of the sentiments. The plaid paper is from My Mind's Eye by the way, I didn't stamp it! Just to show you that even though this set is aimed at the men folk, it's so versatile, the elements allow you to make some pretty feminine cards too!


I used the scallop border stamp and one of the motif stamps to create the scalloped paper ruffle, just cut out by hand and distressed with a sanding block. The Gold Shimmer Twine is from SRM Stickers.


The border strip at the bottom is also from My Kind of Guy and I added some piercing detail by following the pattern of dots. I used the same herringbone embossing folder on both cards along with some Core'dinations cardstock.


Again Claire (the other Claire!) has really nailed it with the font choices. There's a great mix and they work perfectly together. Enjoy the rest of the creations from the DT. I'll be back tomorrow with another preview.

Below are the links to the ladies sharing samples for today's preview.

Anya Schrier Becca Feeken Belinda Chang Langner Clare Buswell Edna Morrisedie Iwona Palamountain Jean Martin Jeanne Jachna Jen Cuthbertson Jennifer Holmes Julia Aston Karin Ã…kesdotter Kelly Schirmer Kim Duran Laurie Schmidlin Lynn Mercurio Renee Lynch Sandie Dunne Sarah Martina Parker Teresa Kline Tosha Leyendekker Claire Brennan

21 comments

  1. Fab cards, love how you have used this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper frill is a lovely idea! I can't wait 'til Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful plaid and colors on the first card Clare and you really prettied up the set with the second - love the ruffled 'lace'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A his and hers matched set! Brilliant! Who says this is just for the guys! I love the ruffled border on the ladies, and the plaid and texture on the mens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is your paper ruffle! Also love your use of plaid paper with the guy sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards--I like the plaid on the first and the ruffle on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare love both of your cards! Love the gingham and plaid on your masculine one and the beautiful ruffle you made on the feminine card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore the piercing detail- so perfect for a spectator shoe style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're fabulous Clare!!
    I love that vintage look you have on the first one...
    especially with the plaid!
    And such a gorgeous "girly" card with this set...
    that birder makes a gorgeous ruffle!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your interpretation of this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, we get the British tone of some of this and I love your card! Wonder if they'll ever come out with a stamp that says "Eedgit"?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this set is going on my wish list...I love how different your cards are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them both but, really partial to the first....!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that your masculine card uses such bright colours and gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I REALLY love your first card Clare! Such a perfect balance of colors and perfect pairing of the design elements: so pleasing to the eye! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours on first card plus the layout. And the second card, love the ruffle detail. Gorgeous Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards! I love the ruffle that you created with the brogue border.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare, I love your fresh style! Love what you did with the second card and the pleated border - so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! What fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my gosh. My dad would love that first card. The other card is great too but WOW, I love that first card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic creations as always Clare love what you have done. Live my WMS

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.