A card for fun on Friday!

Friday, May 3, 2013


I grabbed some time today to make a card just for fun. May's looking like it's going to be a busy month for me! So I thought I'd enjoy the moment! My initial inspiration came from the current Tuesday Trigger - Pretty Little Petits Fours over at Moxie Fab World.


I love this inspiration pic, the woodgrain texture, the tones of pink and of course all those sweet flowers! So I focused on the texture, the pink and I made one giant flower, perfect for what I had in mind, you'll see at the end of the post!


The flower is about 3 1/2" x 1 1/2", no it's not going to fit in an envelope, but why would I want to hide it in an envelope anyway! It's made from some scrap crepe paper (some left over that came with an actual bouquet of flowers, I thought it would come in handy!) I cut some rough petal shapes from a folded piece, cut them out and stained the petals with Spun Sugar and Antique Linen Distress Stains. I darkened the center a bit more with some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I also stained the seam binding using the same stains.


The very center of the flower is three black quilling strips tightly coiled, followed by a die-cut strip of the Lace Flower Die from the Die'sire range by Crafter's Companion. The lace flower die makes the perfect center for larger flowers, it's one of my must have flower making dies! Once I had the center assembled I simply glued the individual petals around it.


The sticker sentiment from Sticker Sentiments - Thank You by SRM Stickers I cut up and popped onto the background with dimensional glue. All cardstock is from Core'dinations, I used Rose Embroidery and Sugar N Spice from Cardstock Pastels and the black cardstock is from Black Magic. I used a woodgrain embossing folder on the pink and lightly sanded the surface.


I love the look of the sanded Abracadabra black cardstock from Black Magic from Core'dinations, gorgeous texture. The zig-zag sticker is from Sticker Stitches - Black from SRM Stickers and the Solid Natural Twine is also from SRM Stickers. Now back to the reason I wanted a great big flower on my card, I was going to use it (and my card) as a focal point on a gift bag.


Now, I bought this cool Card Hanger Die from my fellow crafty friend Laurie Willison because I thought it was just the neatest idea ever! I finally had a chance to use it and I bought some plain kraft and white paper bags. The bag I embossed using an A4 embossing folder (Floral Vine) from the Embossalicious range by Crafter's Companion.


I just love the finished result, card and decorated bag ready to go, it's such a great way to showcase your cards, considering all the effort we put into them why not. SO the Card Hanger Die definitely gets the thumbs up from me! Have a great weekend, it's a long weekend here so we'll make the most of it! Thanks for dropping by! : )

7 comments

  1. I love this beautiful card and embossed bag. How clever to put the hanger die so the card hangs on the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Clare, what a wonderful take on the Trigger! Your card is so pretty and the flower looks amazing! I LOVE the way the card slots into the gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the best flowers! I love the card and matching bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is just gorgeous, and from crepe paper no less! I totally agree that when a card is this pretty you really don't want to hide it in an envelope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...and very creative!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.