CASE Study #140

Thursday, May 9, 2013


It's week two at CASE Study with Maile Belles as our muse, check out her spectacular inspiration card this week. Isn't it just stunning!


I CASEd the kraft base, floral focal point and basic layout. I loved the black and white look but I opted to add some color to my card.


I used the gorgeous Apple Blossom stamp from Vintage Garden Flowers by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I made a mask and stamped the flowers twice directly onto the kraft and then several times onto some white cardstock to make up the layers. I cut out various sections and colored them using Distress Markers - Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint. The Satin Ribbon is from Craft Fairy. The sentiment is from Vintage Garden - Seed Packet from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The kraft color cardstock (No.1) I used is from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection by Core'dinations and I partially embossed it using Ebossalicious Petite Dot from Crafter's Companion and rubbed it with a white ink pad. The green base (Peeled Paint) is cardstock from the Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection also from Core'dinations. I also made a matching envelope using some pink (Victorian Velvet) cardstock from the same Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection.


I was sent this really cool envelope maker to try out, it's called the Kreate-a-Lope Envelope Maker, it's a simple template and it's very quick and easy. You can simply tear around the template but because I used a slightly heavier cardstock I chose to score and cut but it was still very quick. You can check out a video tutorial on how to use it on their website.


Don't forget to check out the creations from the rest of the CASE Study design team. Have a great day! Oh I think Chupa may have some fabulous news to share soon!! : )


5 comments

  1. Stunning! Love the matching envelope too, the way you use Kraft core is magical

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is stunning Clare! Kraft is my favorite and your coloring is so very sweet! Love, love, love the partial texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work Clare. It's always beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.