NinaB Designs May Blog Hop

Wednesday, May 15, 2013


Welcome to the NinaB Designs Blog Hop! The theme of this month's hop is Make it Masculine. Father's day is just around the corner. It's a great opportunity to honor those men who mean so much to us. For my card I used two of my favorite NinaB Designs stamp sets from The Craft's Meow - Vintage Clocks and Sweet Sentiments.


I love all the clock images in the Vintage Clocks stamp set so I decided to stamp my own background paper using all of them! I kept the color palette simple, black, white, grey and antique linen. I stamped all the clocks onto white cardstock then just inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


The sentiment is from Sweet Sentiments from The Craft's Meow. The striped patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline - Fiddlesticks. The Charcoal Twine is from SRM Stickers.


I also made a matching envelope for my card, I just happened to have a spare 12x12 sheet of the same patterned paper. Ever since I was kindly sent the Kreate-a-Lope envelope maker to try out I've no excuse to make matching envelopes for my flatter cards. It's very quick and easy to use the template, I used the A2 version for my card, it's the one I'd use the most but it does come in other sizes too.


You have the option to tear or score and cut around the template, I find cutting works better for the heavier weight papers but it's just as quick. I inked the edges here again using Antique Linen Distress Ink.


We spend so much time and effort making our cards why not spend a few extra minutes to make a matching envelope to complete the look!

Here are the stamp sets I used on my card today. Next up on the hop is the lovely Jennie Harper.




The NinaB Designs team is giving away these TWO PRIZE PACKAGES:

Prize #1: Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two Dies


   Prize #2: $20 Gift Certificate to Want2Scrap.


Winners will be picked randomly from 2 of the designers' blogs:
Everybody is welcome to comment and be eligible to win. The winners will be announced on May 22 on Nina's Blog, where you will also find all the relevant info regarding the giveaways. Finally, please consider liking the following Facebook pages that are represented on today's hop, so you don't miss the latest news and happenings:
Thank you for joining us today!

30 comments

  1. Just LOVE your idea for a masculine card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Loving the clocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Great vintage clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for male cards, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Clare - love the clocks, the colours, the layout and the envelope is such an extra-special, added touch! Wonderful - and perfect for Father's Day! Thank you for commenting on my blog; not only did you brighten my day, but I wandered to your site and WOW! Beautiful projects!! What a treat - and what excellent opportunities for me to learn (still a novice!). Delighted to have 'found' you; consider me a new fan!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much happening here, but so easy on the eyes thanks to the monochromatic look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous clock card and love the matching envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous clock card and love the matching envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and perfect matching envelope! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card! I love the clocks and the color scheme you used. Perfect Father's Day card. The envelope is a great addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Father's Day card! Love all the clock images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love that amazing card and decorated envelope. The vintage clock stamp set is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Love the hand made background with all those watches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if my comment went through so forgive me if this is a duplicate. I just love your wonderful card with the vintage clocks. The matching decorated envelope makes it so special and I really like the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just the perfect masculine card with the black and white and gray tones. Love the striped envelope and the bakers twine. I think this is my favorite card all month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a super set- love it and the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those clocks! Super great card and envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and coordinating envelope. Love the clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and coordinating envelope. Love the clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your vintage, manly clock card & envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very striking card with all the clocks!! Love the striped coordinating envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is truly amazing! Love the matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea for a blog hop. I am in need of some ideas for summer male birthdays and of course Father's Day. This is a classy yet simple design. LOVE the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVING the FUN Design!! What a GREAT idea for the envelope too!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous masculine card. Love the vintage look and feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, your card is fabulous. I love that stamp set you used. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a wonderful and masculine card...and the envelope,too! You are so right to take a few more minutes to make the envelope and complete the look. It makes a special card even more special

    ReplyDelete
  28. at an incredible card! I love the clocks and the envelope is wonderful! I am going to have to get these stamps! I can see many projects with them!!! TFS~!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.