The Craft's Meow May Blog Hop

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Welcome to The Craft's Meow May Blog Hop, this month the theme is flowers! YAY! I decided to try something a little different and gave the watercolor look a go, inspired by The Wonder of Watercolor Challenge at Moxie Fab World. I used one of my fav flower sets Happiness Is. All the colors I used are Distress Stains and Distress Inks.


I stamped the flowers from Happiness Is using VersaMark and embossed in white. I used a wet in wet technique, wetting the watercolor paper then adding color. For the sky I used Tumbled Glass Distress Stain. The flowers I colored using Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade. For the foliage I used Mowed Lawn. The foliage I repeat stamped using Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks then spritzed with a little water to soften and dabbed with a paper towel.


The sentiment is from Geometric Foundations. I added a little bit of texture to the top of the card using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.


Next up on the hop is Deborah Nolan! Oh and of course there's a prize for one lucky commenter, they will receive a stamp set of their choice. The winner will be chosen from comments left on all blogs including the store blog. You have until 11:59 EST Thursday May 9th to leave your comment! Here are the stamp sets from The Craft's Meow that I used on my card today.





41 comments

  1. Beautiful card. Love the stamping and coloring. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card is just stunning, the watercolored flowers makes for a beautiful piece of artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love that white embossing resist method on the flowers. You did a great job with it. Love the Swiss dot embossing. The leaves look great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this technique is so beautiful. I love the heat embossing in white with watercolor and will have to give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare,
    Stunning card, the Swiss dots look like little rain drops :-)
    Donna Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these stamp sets.. And your coloring is so fab... Love you card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely stunning. I love the watercolour technique such a soft beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty n colorful...supeb technique n effects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Clare ... I love how you did this ... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the water color technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors and I like the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These stamp sets are so very pretty; I love making feminine cards with flowers, butterflies, etc., the best!

    Your card is beautifully colored and the design is so pretty, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely water color technique congrats

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clare, your card is gorgeous!!! I love the watercolor technique. I'll have to give that a try! Thank you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Clare, love your watercolor technique here with the stains and inks! Would love to own this set to color with Copics! Don't own a lot of flower sets!! Love Crafts Meow!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! So bright and colorful! Perfect mum's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful flower card. The effect of water color makes it real!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Clare! Your card is sooo amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like a lot of layer but, it has depth. It's very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saw this on FB and had to find out more about it.

    Gorgeous card. Thanks for the instructions!

    BTW, I'm pinning for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your wet and wet technique and your colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the watercolor effect on your card! Such great colors and a beautiful flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your card Clare: the watercolor effect is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card!Love your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love watercolor & you used it beautifully here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful flowers! I love your watercoloring. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow what a stunning technique...I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your card. I will have to try this watercoloring technique.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is stunning. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those watercolor effect flowers are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The flowers are so bright and colorful. I like the white embossing on them. Really pops the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so so pretty! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.