The Craft's Meow May Release Blog Hop

Tuesday, May 21, 2013


Welcome to The Craft's Meow May Release Blog Hop, you should have arrived here from Angi's Blog. Today the DT are featuring the new Chalkboard Birthday stamp set, this set is the free gift with $50 purchase. I also used the motif stamp from Beautiful Hymns Two on my first card. I do love the chalkboard effect so I really love this set, it really makes it easy!


I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark ink and heat embossed in white onto some Core'dinations cardstock. I added some subtle pastel color to the embossing using blending chalks. The outlines and ruled lines I added with a white pencil, I also rubbed the edges and surface with a white pigment ink pad to achieve the chalkboard effect.



Cardstock is from the Adirondack Collection from Core'dinations and I embossed the turquoise cardstock using Embossalicious Petite Dot from Crafter's Companion. The Caribbean Twine is from SRM Stickers.


On my second card I used the new Chalkboard Birthday stamp set and the flower stamp from Side by Side. Cardstock is from Core Essentials Cardstock Brights and I lightly sanded the edges and surface using the Sand-It Gadget. The turquoise cardstock is embossed using the Chevron Ebossalicious embossing folder from Crafter's Companion.


If you haven't tried the chalkboard effect yet this stamp set is the perfect place to start, all the work is done for you.


Next up on the hop is the talented Deborah Nolan, you can visit The Craft's Meow blog to see the full list of participants today.

There's a chance to WIN all 5 new stamp sets by leaving a comment on each of the designer's blogs by 9:00pm Thursday May 23rd. Good luck! Enjoy the rest of the hop!


47 comments

  1. I love both your cards! This stamp set is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, both those cards are fab! totally look like mini chalkboards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards Clare!! Love the chalkboard technique and these just pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards! I love all the new stamp sets!!! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Clare, you never cease to delight me with your beautiful creations. How did I get so lucky to have you on my design team? I'm so glad you are! I've loved every single card you've made for the previews and now the blog hop. You are an extraordinarily talented crafter. Thank you so much for being part of Team TCM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I LOVE that chalkboard technique done in colors. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and I love how you explained in detail how you embellished with the chalk and created the "chalk dust" look. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just fantastic! I love the color you added to the image in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Love these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore the colors of this card, Clare. Another fabulous week of designs for TCM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chalkboard goes so well with the flower. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The washi tape and ric rac look so cute with the chalkboard. Good job on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card...I like the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous chalkboard cards. I like the color you added to the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that chalkboard technique. The heat embossing on it is great. Wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your chalkboard card...adding the color is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, your card just makes me so wanted to win those stamps! Love the chalkboard idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like both cards but I really like how you added "colored chalk" to the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the colors you added to your first card. It just explodes off the page. On your second card you also added some warm colors that really enhanced the stamp and card. I kept trying to figure out how you got the stamped flower on the card, because I thought the card had been embossed. As far as I can tell you heat embossed it. It just adds so much. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards. Love the technique and how you have added the subtle colour

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really loving this chalkboard effect and you adding color is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful chalkboard cards...Grt hop n rocking stamps...!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the chalk board technique that used on the card. Fantastic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both chalkboard panels are fabulous Clare. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Clare,
    Wow, loving your chalkboard cards with the added colour and flowers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful cards. I haven't tried the chalkboard effect yet, but after looking at your beautiful cards, I think I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Like your cards a lot. I like the way you added color with chalk. I will need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow! These are super gorgeous!! I love these new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely love this release & your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the chalkboard stamp set. It's so versatile and cute. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loved the chalkboard card and your colors...I appreciate you sharing your talent with a little ole wanna bee like me..these other gals are probably just as good bit I just run out of ideas and you truly inspire me. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  34. The chalkboard craze is in full swing now. This would be a perfect stamp set to work with. I love your technique and card projects!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for giving such detailed instructions on how you created such lovely cards. I am excited to try the chalkboard technique.

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVING your FUN cards shared today such GREAT Designs!! THANKS for sharing ad have a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOVING your cards for today!! Such AWESOME Chalkboard Designs!! THANKS for sharing ad have a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great chalkboard design! those stamps are great, so as your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so lovin' the Chalkboard art! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the colors on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such wonderful cards! Can't wait to try these techniques!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.