Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Blog Waltz

Wednesday, May 29, 2013


Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release DT blog waltz!! Two fabulous new stamp sets - USA 1776 and Country Labels No.4 are now available to purchase from the Waltzingmouse Stamps store. You should have arrived here from Becca's blog. If you've missed any of the blog waltz, visit Claire's blog for the full list of participants. I've stripped things back for my cards today and gone more CAS so you can clearly see these fabulous new stamps in all their glory!


I finally got to play with the firework stamps from USA 1776, they are so much fun to stamp. Here I used Memento Lady Bug and Danube Blue. I also used the star stamp from USA 1776 to add some more pizzazz to my fireworks, repeat stamping without re-inking, I love this look. I also continued the fireworks and stars onto the base layer of my card, I love the dimension it gives!


I used two of the sentiments stamps from USA 1776 for my sentiment. To get the shadow effect on the USA, I stamped it first in red and then slightly off-register to the left in blue. It've a very easy technique to do. For my second card I went all natural and country.


I used the circle label stamp from Country Labels No.4 and the leaf motif stamp from the same set to stamp my wreath using VersaMagic Tea Leaves. Again I did some repeat stamping without re-inking to achieve the look.


I stamped the little house using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and the sentiment is also from Country Labels No.4. The green cardstock is from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection from Core'dinations. The gingham stamp is from the previously released Gingham & Co. it works so well with the country labels set!


Speaking of gingham, next up is the Gingham Girl herself Kelly Schirmer. Oh and there will be a prize of a stamp set of choice for one lucky commenter from a random drawing from comments left on the DT's blogs. You have until June 1st 11:59PM GMT to leave a comment. Enjoy the rest of the waltz!!

42 comments

  1. Clare...
    I die over that USA with the double colors...
    perfect!!
    Both of these are just gorgeous...
    that precious circle and leaf...
    it just oozes "home"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the double layer on the fireworks card Clare - and the wonderful homespun colors of green and brown on the blessings card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Clare! I love everything but am so tickled about your wreath!! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are wonderful, I love the simplicity :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this company. And you are so talented.
    Well done all!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards...love the embossing, stamping and shadow stamping on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love what you did with these wonderful sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your neat Memorial Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards...both are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gingham blessing card with the beautiful green wreath! Oh course I love the fireworks card too, just perfect for America!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cards are great. I love the fieworks and the candles too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are two amazing cards, Clare. I love that you created an USA card, even though you don't live here. You have really captured the festive feel of our Independence Day.

    Your blessings card is so sweet, and what a wonderful idea to frame the circle with the greenery! A brilliant idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Clare, love your fireworks and star embossing. As for your second one, that is so you, love it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I love the shadow stamping and the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards, Clare! Love those red and blue fireworks, and the Country Labels set is calling my name again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic projects! I love the embossing and the shadow stamping on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the patriotic colors and the shadow stamping on the first one and the country look and colors on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to begin making July 4th cards! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are terrific. I love how you popped the center panel of the patriotic card and green gingham card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the layers on the patriotic card and your stamping! Great dimension!
    {hugs}
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards! Love the fireworks and stars! And the second card is adorable! Love the wreath and gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are WONDERFUL! LOVE your design on the first one and the wreath on the second one is so Beautiful and clever! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love those fireworks in red and blue!!!! Also, love how you repeated them inside the card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The generation stamping looks great on both of these Clare! Love the use of the leafy sprig stamp to make a garland round the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards are really Gorgeous, Clare!! Love the fine details on each of them - awesome stamping job!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful cards! I'm in love with the fireworks in this release. The best I have seen in the stamping world. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cards are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of your cards are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love them both! The double stamped USA is super and I really like the homespun feel of the second card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards--I really like the second one, love the colors and the gingham!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both cards are beautiful! LOVE the fireworks!! That set is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the USA1776 card! THe double layered top is really terrific.
    I've ordered my own set of stamps. Thank you for the inspiration! and for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love what you created with the new sets.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your cards, especially the second one--I love the gingham, green, and brown!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful cards!! Love those fireworks with the stars and Lady Liberty!! The house with wreath and gingham is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. For some reason the commenting thread is playing up so delete my other 2 attempts! Both beautiful cards Clare - love the CAS design and the neutral colours in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  37. All of your cards are lovely, but I especially like the last one, with that pretty leafy wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a wonderful job on both cards Such great details on the 1st card. The embossed stars, the shadow effect on the USA and the double layer with the fireworks is so clever. Loving the "wreath" and the green with the gingham on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your cards are just awesome - love them!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.