Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Previews Day 2

Monday, May 27, 2013


Welcome to day 2 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release previews. Today we're taking a look at USA 1776, a wonderfully patriotic stamp set dedicated to the USA! I had a blast with this set and I'm not even American.


The background paper I stamped using two 'kite' shaped elements from the set that make up a star shape. Once I had stamped the background I embossed it with a houndstooth embossing folder to add some texture. The sentiment from the set is just one of 6 elements. I have to say I love the Statue of Liberty silhouette stamp, it's such a great size, I cut it out by hand which wasn't too tricky.


All the cardstock I used is from Core'dinations and I really found the Kraft-Core Collection perfect for this distressed look. All the edges are inked with a mix of Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. My second card is a little bit more vibrant!


I had to use some cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions from Core'dinations, the Americana pages were just the perfect fit for my cards and I love the kraft core once sanded! The red stripes I created using the Mini Rays embossing folder from Sizzix.


I'm loving the star border frame from USA 1776 and check out those fonts Claire used on the sentiments. The larger star is also from the same set and I just randomly repeat stamped it, only re-inking every other impression, I love this look! The eagle is another iconic image Claire included in this amazing set, I think Claire will have cut files available but I'm still happy to use my scissors for now!


I kept it simple on the inside and added another sentiment and the star motif from the set. There are lots of other images in this set that I couldn't cram into my card but I know you'll just love.


So I have to say USA 1776 is one pretty cool set, even if you don't live in America this is a great set to have in your stash to make cards for your American friends!! I can't wait to see what some of my American friends have created with this set! I'll see you tomorrow with some more creations! : )

Anya
Becca
Clare
Jean 
Karin
Kim
Laurie
Teresa
Tosha

23 comments

  1. Beautiful cards! I love these new stamps and how you showcased them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FABULOUS!!! Love the vintage feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me Clare! These are both FAB-U-LOUS!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fab cards Clare, love the worn look of the kraft core with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing samples, Clare!! Both cards are SO Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards, Claire..
    Mstgane
    ANN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare - these are just super! Really like the background you've created behind the Statue of Liberty. And the second card with the eagle is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Love all the distressing... definitely gives an Americana feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Clare! love how you give each one of your cards special little details that really make them outstanding! And your stitching...can I just say that I'm jealous of how well (and straight) you can sew! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah! Clare these just stopped me in my tracks! I think I've been staring at them for quite awhile now! They are awesome! My favorite is the second one! WOW!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Clare these are gorgeous...
    are you sure you're not American?
    You captured the American spirit so perfectly...
    love that stamped star background...
    but the 2nd one just blew me away...
    wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these, brilliant use of the new stamps, terribly atmospheric cards, oozing Americana! Gorgeous samples missy! hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice cards... puts you in the mood for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! I especially like the vintage look of the first card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever use of the mini rays embossing folder. Love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever use of the mini rays embossing folder. Beautiful cards - can't wait to get my hands on the 1776 set

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clare, I love your use of the kraft distress paper - you sure captured the essence of Americana on this series of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this 4th of July card! Even the inside is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your creations with these sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can anyone tell me what company makes the embossed "patriotic" background that is on the blue part of the card?
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jodi, it's from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions by Core'dinations. It's pre-embossed cardstock. Fabulous stuff!

      Delete
  21. The cards are all wonderful. Too much to comment on!!!! Loving the embossing giving the dimpled quilt effect.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.