CASE Study #146

Thursday, June 20, 2013


It's week three already at CASE Study with Lisa Spangler as our muse. I was in a much better mood when I made this card, it's funny how much my mood effects my cardmaking. A good mood equals relaxed free flow of inspiration and usually a better end result.


I was really inspired by the color combo, the subtle background stamping, the ribbon treatment and polka dots in Lisa's card. So I CASEd these elements. I switched up the layout a bit for my card.


The flower from Happiness Is stamp set from The Craft's Meow is still one of my all time favorites. It's such a pleasure to color. Here I used Distress Markers - Tumbled Glass and Broken China to color them leaving the tips white and dragging the color with a water brush for a watercolor effect. The background cardstock is from Core'dinations and is embossed with an Anna Griffin embossing folder.


The sentiment (something I'm definitely living by at the moment) is from Geometric Foundations from The Craft's Meow. I used the solid rose from Happiness Is to stamp the background using Mustard Seed Distress Ink. The lace border is from a retired Layers of Color stamp set.


I used two different types of ribbon and layered them up and just tied a knot instead of a bow for a change. The Marigold Twine is from SRM Stickers. Just in case you're wondering I used Silicone Glue to attach the paper flowers, I've been using it more now than foam pads/tape. I love the dimension it gives you and that you can adjust it more easily once you stick it down, yay for Silicone Glue! Don't forget to visit the CASE Study blog for some more inspiration. Thanks for dropping by today! : )


5 comments

  1. Lovely card, the colour scheme really works! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love those blue roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. The blue against the gold background is stunning!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. The blue against the gold background is stunning!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty...love how you used the colors from Lisa's card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.