Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock and some quilling!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


I just noticed it's nearly been a week since my last post, so I thought I better pop in with something! I've some Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock creations teamed with some Waltzingmouse Stamps to share today. I also added some quilling using Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock instead of paper quilling strips! I used some white cardstock from Core Essentials Cardstock Neutrals for my card bases, I love when you stamp on this you can see the fabulous linen like texture of the cardstock.


The background I stamped using some of the fab foliage and flower stamps from Folk Art Medallion from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The 'friend' text is from Compact Family. I used some of the gorgeous glittered cardstock from the Glitter Silk collection from Core'dinations to die cut the 'hello' using alphabet dies from MFT. I LOVE the Glitter Silk cardstock, it's fabulously glittery, die-cuts like a dream and there's no glittery mess!


That fab shade of green ink is Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and I also used Memento Pear Tart, Bahama Blue and VersaMagic Pink Petunia. Again I used foliage and flower stamps from Folk Art Medallion from Waltzingmouse Stamps and there's also a little bit of foliage from My Heart in there too!


I used some more die cut Glitter Silk for my letters on this card too. Now on to the quilling, I usually use pre-cut quilling strips when I'm quilling but I decided to experiment with some Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock, I'm not too good at cutting strips so narrow exactly the same size so instead I used a die I happened to have - Stamen Quilling Die from the Die'sire range at Crafter's Companion. The strips are shorter than your average quilling strip but just the perfect length for quilling with cardstock because of the increased thickness. So your shapes end up larger than if you were using paper so you need shorter strips.


You quill just the same as normal but by using the Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock you have the added bonus of a two tone effect and some fab texture on the sides! I used cardstock from Tim Holtz Adirondack Collection and Core Essentials Brights.


I just love how they turned out! I'll be back tomorrow for a fun blog hop featuring some Core'dinations, May Arts and Stampendous! There'll be lots of great prizes up for grabs! I hope it's sunny where you are, it's beautiful here in Ireland!!


10 comments

  1. clare, my nose was 2 inches away from my computer screen... beautiful work showcasing the core and other leading quality products/stamps... great photography of your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilled flowers are just amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, both of them! I love what you manage to do with Core'dintaions card stock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!Love your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew quilling with cardstock would turn out so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved your quilling work that takes a lot of patience ...such pretty flowers and cards ..thanks for showing me another way to do cards ....i have yet to try quilling ...might have to now ..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.