Double embossing with Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock

Monday, June 24, 2013


I'm really busy working on lots of different projects right now but I thought I'd pop in with a couple of cards I made for Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock. I used a double embossing technique on both my cards today, meaning I embossed them with an embossing folder first, then rubbed the entire surface with VersaMark, heat embossed with clear embossing powder then sanded the embossed surface leaving just the recessed areas clear embossed, it's a fun technique!


Here I used cardstock from Core'dinations Vintage Collection and Core Essentials Neutrals. I used my Sand It Gadget to sand the surface and my Dust Buddy, these tools make the process a whole lot easier! That fab embossing folder is Sizzix Alterations Book Cover No.1.


The stamped sentiment is from Cherished by Nina B Designs for The Craft's Meow. It stamped beautifully on the white cardstock from Core'dinations, I'm just in love with the extra texture it adds! I inked the edges with my fav Distress Ink - Antique Linen! The pink ink is Memento Rose Bud. All the sweet flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. On to my second card...


I have to say I indulged in a few Anna Griffin embossing folders recently, the designs are just stunning, this one is called Aviary. I used the same technique again but I experimented a little with the heat embossing, overheating it, allowing it to burn slightly, so it actually darkens the recessed parts giving a stronger contrast.


That stunning green cardstock is from Core'dinations Vintage Collection and I also used some cardstock from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Adirondack Collection and some Core Essentials - Neutrals.


The stamped sentiment is from Sent With Love by Nina B Designs for The Craft's Meow. Thanks for stopping by today! I better get back to work, I've lots of Christmas projects to finish, yes I said Christmas!!

4 comments

  1. So pretty! Love the colors and the subtle texture the embossing gives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous card designs. I really love those flowers. And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are both gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice technique clare.... well done...gott'a love that core

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.