CASE Study #151

Thursday, July 25, 2013


Hi! It's our final week with the talented Jocelyn Olson as our muse at CASE Study. Check out Jocelyn's fabulous card this week! It's stunning!


I was definitely inspired by Jocelyn's card to try something new. So to create my background, I used a few different techniques, the pink dots I created using the Swiss Dot stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink (using the blending tool). For the yellow bit I used the blending tool and Mustard Seed Distress Ink directly over the dots, then I opened up my Mustard Seed Distress Stain (I took the top off), dipped in a paintbrush and flicked it at my cardstock, nerve wrecking stuff! : )


I stamped the sentiment over my inked background using the new Welcome to the Office stamp set from The Craft's Meow, I love the size of the sentiments in this set, nice n' bold.


I added some Washi tape to the top and bottom of my card base echoing Jocelyn's design. Considering this card was largely experimental I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm definitely loving stencils now, can't wait to add a few more to my stash!!

Don't forget to visit the CASE Study blog and check out what the rest of the design team have created!


Tracey McNeely (July Guest Designer) 

Oh and don't forget about the upcoming celebrations, should be lots of fun, wait 'til you see the line up!



2 comments

  1. This is gorgeous :), I simply love the splatter and the colors :) just realized I haven't followed you yet... so I am ur new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.