The Craft's Meow July Blog Hop

Sunday, July 7, 2013


Hi and welcome to the July blog hop with The Craft's Meow! You should have arrived here from Angi's blog but if you missed anything pop back to The Craft's Meow blog for the full list. Today's theme is Mabelle R-O stamp sets! I used one of my favorite sets Sweet Birthday.


I stamped the balloon and stars pattern paper using elements from the stamp set. The balloons are stamped with VersaMagic Pixie Dust and Pink Petunia, the stars with Impress Lemon Yellow and the swirls I stamped using Tumbled Glass Distress Marker. The sweet cake I stamped and colored with Distress Markers (Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Tattered Rose and Tumbled Glass). You could stamp some fun background paper for party invitations using this same idea using whatever colors you like!


The sentiment is also from Sweet Birthday. I kept the rest of the card pretty simple with just some pink patterned paper at the top. Instead of a bow I tied a simple knot using twill ribbon.


Here's the stamp set I used on my card today.



Next up on the hop is Deborah! There's also a prize up for grabs, one lucky commenter will receive a stamp set of their choice. The winner will be chosen from comments left on all blogs including the store blog. The deadline to leave a comment is 11:59EST, Tuesday July 9th and the winner will be announced on July 10th. Oh and today (July 7th) is the last day to avail of the 20% discount on orders at The Craft's Meow, just enter the code July4thSale at checkout (once logged into Paypal), this offer expires at 11:59 pm Pacific on July 7th! For all the details visit The Craft's Meow store. Enjoy the rest of the hop!! : )



47 comments

  1. Adorable! Your papers matching this sweet cupcake are spot on! Love the design of your card and the lovely color palette - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - I like how the cake is popped up and the yellow ribbon looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and super sweet! Love this birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a sucker for balloons!! Lol love your card

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE your card, I think the cake is my favorite out of this great stamp set! Love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sweet..I love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the cake is my favorite of all, but oh my it's so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I love how you created your own background paper with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cake and what a great design!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! I like the background you made with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute--I like the stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used a combination of stamps from the set for the background! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card! It's so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors and the background you created along with the very yummy cake! So very sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What bright, happy colors. I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card. Everything balanced and pretty and well colored. Like how you popped the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is just beautiful! from Martha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card. Clean and simple. Loving this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great card! Love the stamped background and "layered" cake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card!

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your colorful card. Such a cute set.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Making your own background paper is perfect. Great job coloring the cake too. Wonderful card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sweet. It looks perfect for a special little girl's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a colorful and cute birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute and girly card! Those colors are so sweet! Thanks Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful. Love the girlie colourway. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sweet card made with the Sweet Birthday set! Love the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your colorful card. I can see many uses for this stamp set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable...love how you stamped the background and then layered the cake on top.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like all of the stamps in this cute set! A fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh man! I love this! Such happy colors and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a sweet and pretty card!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card. Love your stamping of the background and the color choices. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card, love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your card! Your stamped background looks awesome, and goes with your cheery yellow ribbon so well! And that cake image is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card Clare, love your background too. That cake is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Background - gorgeous
    Cake - gorgeous
    Colours - gorgeous
    Ribbon - gorgeous
    Guess what Clare ? Your card is just .....gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card Clare, love your background too. That cake is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is lovely--and I love how the yellow ribbon really stands out, too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.