Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine (UK) Issue 121

Monday, August 26, 2013


Just popping in with some recent publications! In the current September issue (121) of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine (UK) I've several autumnal cards. I was commissioned to do the 10 Minute Makes feature with the theme of Autumn Leaves! There are seven cards in it altogether, here are a few of my favorites.


I used lots of cardstock from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection from Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock, I love the texture it adds when you emboss and sand it, perfect for Autumnal cards. I used the Petite Dot embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. The button punch I used is from Marvy Uchida. Stamps are from WMS.


I finally got to use the Spellbinders Fall Foliage dies I bought a while ago, I used them to die cut some different colored felt, I love to add the warm texture of felt to fall cards.


I used some natural garden twine and some wooden buttons to add to the natural feel. I bought this twine in the hardware (DIY) store ages ago and I use it all the time!


Just one more to share, I used the Spellbinders Fall Foliage dies again and mixed it with the button punch from Marvy Uchida.


I die cut the leaves and punched the buttons then embossed them all together. I sanded the surface of them using the Sand-It Gadget from Core'dinations and then wiped them with my Dust Buddy to remove any dust. Lots of texture going on!


Oh, here they are in the magazine layout! Don't forget to pick up the latest issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine (UK) for lots more inspiration.


Ok, that's all for now, working on another commission and some Christmas stamp designs for The Craft's Meow! Thanks for dropping by today! : )


2 comments

  1. I'm teaching a fall card class next week and have been lacking fall inspiration, will pull out my Core papers and play-- this is a great card.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.