Core'dinations Roses

Thursday, September 19, 2013


I'm up on the Core'dinations blog again today! This time with some handmade paper roses using Core'dination ColorCore Cardstock. Core'dinations cardstock is just perfect for making paper flowers, it's a really great weight and is easy to shape without any tearing.


I used Spellbinders Rose Creations dies to create the flower, it's a really great die for making lots of different flowers. The leaves I just cut freehand, scored down the middle and pinched vein lines with a tweezers. I used Spun Sugar cardstock from Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection from Core'dinations for the flower and Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection for the leaves.


I stamped the sentiment (Cottage Garden from The Craft's Meow) onto a Core Tag from Core'dinations, I love these because they're really smooth, perfect for stamping on! I embossed the bottom of it using a border embossing folder by Anna Griffin, I think it was called Rosa. The Strawberry baker's twine is from SRM Stickers. I made another card using the same techniques but in different colors.


Yes, these flowers are large and would look great as a topper for a gift box or on a gift bag. The kraft cardstock is from the Core Signature Series Graphic45 from Core'dinations. And yes I did glue on all those little sequins on top of the Core Spotted Jillian Dot cardstock!


Drop by the Core'dinations blog if you want a full list of all the supplies I used on my cards today. I'll be back tomorrow for day 4 of previews at The Craft's Meow and you'll get to see my second stamp set being released this September! Thanks for dropping by today!


3 comments

  1. so bright and cheery clare, get showcasing of the core

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Where did you get the iridesent sequins please?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.