Core'dinations and Heidi Swapp

Friday, October 11, 2013


Core'dinations teamed up with Heidi Swapp this week and I got to play with the Believe Collection from Heidi Swapp! I whipped up some cards in record time using Believe Jingle All the Way 12x12 paper for the sentiments. I love the chalkboard paper!


The background paper from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection I embossed using a mistletoe embossing folder from Crafter's Companion, sanded and inked with Distress Inks. I added some large bells, some paper string and a holly embellishment, I love a card that jingles!


I used Believe Jingle All the Way 12x12 paper again for the center panel and some more papers from the Believe Collection from Heidi Swapp. The red cardstock is from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection from Core'dinations, embossed with a snowflake embossing folder from Crafter's Companion, sanded and inked. To make it a little bit special I added a nice big satin bow!


Last up is another chalkboard inspired card using the Believe Jingle All the Way 12x12 paper again, this time I teamed it with some Black Magic cardstock from Core'dinations embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. I love the white and black Black Magic cardstock, it's perfect for creating the chalkboard look!


The holly leaves I cut from some embossed cardstock from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection and I just inked the edges with Distress Inks. 


The Heidi Swapp papers really made these cards easy to put together! Don't forget to visit the Core'dinations blog for some more inspiration from the design team! Thanks for dropping by today and have a great weekend! : )


6 comments

  1. What lovely holiday creations Clare! love the bells, the holly and chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chalkboard card is great - love the embossing and colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Old World! Very elegant, and your colors are divine. Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all amazing! Love the bells on the CB card and the large font and big beautiful bow on the second card. Love the large holly on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare: GORGEOUS WORK! Would you mind emailing me and telling me what white (chalk) ink you use on your chalkboard stamps? I've been using a white chalk ink pad from JoAnn's and it just isn't doing the trick. I don't mind spending more money, I just want to get it RIGHT (as you have done here). I'd really appreciate your help if you have just a minute.
    Thanks,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    karen dot mycuprunnethover at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks. This was actually patterned paper I used here from Heidi Swapp. I usually use white embossing powder when stamping for the chalkboard look. Then I add some inking with white pigment ink. I haven't found a good white ink yet to stamp with but I have just ordered some white Memento Luxe ink so I'll let you know when I try it!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.