The Craft's Meow October Release Previews - Day 2

Friday, October 18, 2013


Welcome to day 2 of previews at The Craft's Meow, five fabulous Christmas sets will be available to purchase on the 21st of October. Today we're previewing Christmas Blessings illustrated by Karen Baker. I had lots of fun playing with this set, I got a little inky and created some Christmas tags! I was also inspired by the current challenge over at Craft Stamper to use a splatter technique.


On my first tag I used one of Core'dinations Core Tags, I love the texture of these tags, especially when you stamp on them! I used a white crayon around the edges of the tag to create a resist, I stamped the deer using VersaMark and embossed in silver pearl. Then I misted the tag with water and used Distress Stains Salty Ocean and Stormy Sky, I masked the snowy area at the bottom. I used some Distress Inks to add some more color variation. The splatter technique was perfect for my snowy reindeer scene and I simply flicked some Picket Fence Distress Stain with a paint brush. Before that I added some droplets of water to lift some of the stain, I love that subtle effect. Oh I also added some Flower Soft at the bottom of the tag.


Then I just stamped the sentiment from Christmas Blessings and added my starry embellishments. For my second tag, again I used one of Core'dinations Core Tags. This time I went for warmer tones and accents of gold.


I used gilding wax to create a resist around the edges this time and repeated the same steps from the previous tag. I used Barn Door, Scattered Straw and Aged Mahogany Distress Stains and added some more color using Distress Inks. I stamped some of the text from Christmas Blessings in the background using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I used a mix of splatters Picket Fence Distress Stain and Tarnished Brass Distress Paint. After everything was dry I stamped the sentiment and went around the edges of the angel with a white crayon to soften the look. Of course I had to add some gems for a touch of sparkle! Oh yea, the little holly embellishment was red and green and I just used some gilding wax to turn it gold!


Ok, I'll be back tomorrow with another preview (a brand new set illustrated by me!), don't forget to visit The Craft's Meow blog to see what the rest of the team created and to find out how you can WIN this great stamp set!


11 comments

  1. Love, love your tags Clare, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I especially like the texture on the angel and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs - I love the colors and the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what beautiful tags! I am not familiar with guilding wax but it is beautiful. I love the splatters and resisting with crayon. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Love love love these!!!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS!!! Both tags are absolutely Gorgeous, I love your colors, and the splattering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Clare, and such striking techniques! LOVE 'em to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such AMAZING tags Clare!! I LOVE the colors and those Splatter's!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tags, these both look really vibrant!
    Thanks for joining in Challenge 5 at Crafter Stamper!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE these Clare, can't decide which I like best! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.