The Craft's Meow October Release Previews - Day 3

Saturday, October 19, 2013


Welcome to day 3 of previews at The Craft's Meow, five fabulous Christmas sets will be available to purchase on the 21st of October. Today we're previewing a brand new stamp set Christmas Lantern illustrated by me! I used lots of Distress Inks and my blending tool on this card, I wanted to create a nice, warm glowing effect.


The lantern I stamped with Coffee ink and colored with Distress Markers, to add some extra dimension I stamped the poinsettia again and layered it up.


For the background I embossed some Core'dinations cardstock using an Anna Griffin embossing folder and inked with Distress Inks. I also used some Black Magic from Core'dinations.



Ok, I'll be back tomorrow with another preview, don't forget to visit The Craft's Meow blog to see what the rest of the team created and to find out how you can WIN this brand new stamp set!


6 comments

  1. GORGEOUS lantern, Clare! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Clare, you did achieve a glow effect with your colours. Congrats, another beautiful design. Of course for our side of the world, the Christmas lantern and candle are such a part of our Christmas heritage and traditions. This stamp will have to be added to my collection. Thanks so much for designing this heartwarming image:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the glowing effect perfectly. I love the inking on the embossed background. Beautiful job on the stamp and the card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper WOWZERS!!!! Fantastic distressing & coloring & layout! The effect for me is looking into an 1800's sitting room with the glow of the lamp lighting the immediate area & the shadows of the room beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I LOVE your card and this New Set!! I'm a HUGE fan of this lantern and I had a BLAST creating with it!! So looking forward to making more cards with it!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your lantern Clare!!! You are such a talented artist, I'm in awe!!
    Your card is gorgeous too, as always!! Loooove the effect you've created with your distress inks and the blending tool!! Looks exactly like the light from the lanterb is lighting up the paper. ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!

    Hugs
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.