CASE Study #165

Thursday, November 7, 2013


Hello! It's November already and we have an amazing new muse at CASE Study - Keisha Campbell (you have to check out her blog, it's amazing!). Here's Keisha's inspiration card for this week.


I CASEd the black base, the lattice pattern, the die cut letters and banner tags. I opted for a floral focal point instead of the bow.


I love the modeling paste trend that I've seen around blogland and decided to give it a go. I used a Quatrefoil stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. I had some modeling paste already in my stash from my painting days, I also had some black acrylic paint and a palette knife. I mixed a 50:50 ratio of paint to modeling paste, fixed the stencil in place on some strong black cardstock with some masking tape and applied the paste mix with a palette knife. It's pretty straightforward, I removed the stencil and left it to dry. Being slightly impatient I gave it a helping hand with my heat gun! Turned out ok and I love the texture and feel.


I added some die cut letters and applied some Glossy Accents. The flower I made using Spellbinders Rose Creations dies and Core'dinations cardstock, the centre I quilled and added some fringed paper around it. The Charcoal twine is from SRM Sticker and the stamps are from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I used Memento Luxe Dandelion ink (love these inks!).


I love how this card turned out! Sorry about the bad lighting, it's been so dark here, we've had very wet and dreary weather with very little sunshine.



Don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study team for some more inspiration! Have a great day! : )


4 comments

  1. Clare this is lovely! Your glossy letters are so pretty and I love how you added the paint to the paste! I have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the big yellow flower against the black!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an INCREDIBLE card...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.