Hard Core Crop - Quick and Easy Christmas Cards Challenge

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Welcome to Core'dinations Hard Core Crop!

Make sure you grab your blinkie and wear it proudly ALL WEEK LONG! Core'dinations is offering a prize to the person using it as their Facebook profile photo, so grab it here and head over to the Facebook event page and let them know!


If you're playing along you can check out the full list of rules HERE and the master list of challenges HERE. Today is day 3 of the challenges that the design team have come up with. You have until 12 Midnight EST on November 10th to get your challenge completed and linked up. So pull out some of your Core'dinations Cardstock and play along!

My challenge for you is Quick and Easy Christmas Cards, that's pretty easy and it's about time you started making your Christmas cards anyway, why not play along and be in with a chance of winning a great PRIZE. So, all you have to do is make ONE (or more if you like!) quick and easy Christmas card BUT you MUST use Core'dinations Cardstock visibly on your card. Link up your card using Mister Linky at the bottom of this post for a chance to WIN Core'dinations 12x12 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions Collection. 


So I just happened to use some cardstock from the Core'dinations 12x12 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions Collection on my Christmas cards for this challenge! 


I love the Core'dinations 12x12 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions Collection because all of the hard work is already done for you, I love the texture of embossed cardstock on my cards but if I'm short on time the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions Collection is a real time-saver! Here I just sanded it with my Sand-It Gadget, wiped with my Dust Buddy and inked the edges with Distress Inks - Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. That band of Kraft is actually the reverse side of the same cardstock!


I used a stamp set called Jingle Bells from Marianne Design designed by Eline Pellinkhof for most of the stamping except for the sentiments. I used a Core Tag, stamped the trees using Distress Ink Peeled Paint and the scripted text using Brushed Corduroy. I also inked the edges. The trees I die cut using Spruce Trees die from Crafter's Companion and Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection.


The sentiment I stamped using Jet Black Ranger ink and Holiday Poinsettia stamp set from The Craft's Meow. The natural twine came with the Core Tag.


I repeated the whole process using the same products for my second card apart from the deer head die, that's from Marianne Design (LR0177) cut from some more cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection.


I hadn't started out with the intention of making masculine cards but these turned out pretty masculine, which is perfect because I never have enough masculine Christmas cards!



Now it's YOUR turn to share your Quick and Easy Christmas Cards, I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Link your Quick and Easy Christmas Card here by 12 Midnight EST on November 10, 2013 for a chance to WIN Core'dinations 12x12 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions Collection.



27 comments

  1. love the tree tag card - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! Totally giving me some inspiration to get more cards done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really handsome pair of cards, clare. i love how you've use the shattered core.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Christmas cards, Clare! I love the Shattered Core!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pair of cards Clare!!!
    Oh, the Seasonal Impressions make for a perfect base and WOW, how awesome are they with their Shattered diecuts!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration and fab challenge ... I am a terribly SLOW crafter, so quick & easy sounds terribly tempting to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of your card making skills! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous ! I need the Seasonal Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these cards, you must read my mind, cuz some of your cards are like all my favorites from my creative mind.....smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, really love these cards and the paper. Would love to win this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope I got this posted right this time ! It's Core'dinations Whitewash paper with the black backside showing through. It is a Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get it online this time ? Mr Linky is being difficult !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your cards Clare. I hope you like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you please delete all my entries ? I've got too many mistakes and may have posted the wrong card !!! HELP !

    ReplyDelete
  15. #11 is my entry, all others on here are blank and void

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great inspiration cards Clare. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards! Enjoyed doing the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just linked my first card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Clare. Linked up for your challenge. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. card numbers 11 and 20 are the cards in the challenge - the rest are mr linky booboos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. okay, now it's 11 and hopefully 21 that work

    ReplyDelete
  22. 11 and 21, if it made it, are my entries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for entering Liz, I think I've got all your entries now! Thanks!

      Delete
  23. I've loved doing some of these challenges, but I only discovered them yesterday when I checked your blog, having heard of your DT sucess with Craft Stamper magazine - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!