2013 Personal Favorites (Part 1)

Tuesday, December 31, 2013


Hello, hello... it's the end of another great year and I've put together a selection of my personal favorites from my blog from 2013. It was fun to look back and see everything again. I picked the cards (and some tags) that really jumped out at me, the ones I really love. First up is this pretty Valentine, using a mix of Waltzingmouse Stamps, I love that big heart stamp and the sweet pink roses on this! Next up is a CASE Study card from way back in February, I love the layout, the colors and cute embellishments on this one, especially the butterfly button, there's also some SRM goodness on there too.


Next up is a card just for fun! I really like the banner and how fresh and breezy this one feels, with just a hint of embossing.


One of my favorite Easter cards, I love the folk art little chicks and eggs from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I'm thinking now, I probably should have divided this post into two parts but oh well, we'll plough on! And.. just because I'm Irish I had to include a St.Patrick's Day card, not a 'Patty' in sight! : )


Just because I really like this layout and I hope it inspires someone. Featuring some fab stamps from The Craft's Meow.


Ok, as I'm writing this I've just decided to divide this up into two posts, part two will follow. I really liked this next card because of all the paper-piecing and well, creating this little scene was a lot of fun! All the stamps are from The Craft's Meow, I actually gave this card to my mom too!


A summery, quilled card next, this was a CASE Study card. I made the cloud background, here's a simple tutorial and here's how to make the quilled daisies.


This next card was quite a challenge to make, the base is made completely from acetate with a hand-stitched acetate panel added to the front with punched mirror card circles inside, it actually is a shaker card. I made a series of these for issue 117 of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine. I loved these!


Half way through the year now, here's a 4th of July card using Waltzingmouse Stamps. I really like the layered look, the Core'dinations cardstock and the bold inked embossed rays. This card came together really nicely.


One more for my US friends in an Americana, primitive style with a little bit of chalkboard! The background is also stamped. The matching tag is actually a little bookmark. Stamps are from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Ok, I hope you're enjoying the trip down memory lane, I'll be back with part 2 real soon.. off to get a mince pie and a cup of tea! : )


3 comments

  1. There are some really lovely projects here Clare! Looking forward to part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designs - my favorite is your Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection of cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.