Cardmaking and Papercraft - Issue 124 Christmas

Friday, December 13, 2013


In the Christmas issue (124) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK) I made some rustic quilled Christmas decorations for the Masterclass feature. These were so much fun to make and it was actually a lot easier to quill the corrugated cardboard than I thought it was going to be. This 'jumbo' quilling is probably a good place to start if you haven't tried quilling yet as it's a bit easier to do compared to the smaller strips of paper.


If you're going for a rustic vibe with your Christmas decorations this year, these ornaments would be a great addition. We usually have a couple of Christmas trees around our house and I love decorating one in a more primitive style.


The corrugated cardboard really goes well with natural wood, pinecones, burlap, twine, gingham or plaid, rusty metal, foliage from the garden etc. Chalkboard also fits in with this style. Here's a little inspiration for you!


I love the how the gifts are wrapped in ordinary brown paper and the ribbon through the tree is gorgeous!


I love this hand-lettering, this would be perfect for a chalkboard piece too!


I made the star decoration so it could be freestanding but it could also used as an ornament for the Christmas tree with the addition of some ribbon or twine. The finished ornaments are really sturdy too!


There's a full 15 photo step-by-step tutorial in the magazine on how to make both of the decorations with lots of hints and tips. They're inset on the front cover of this issue too! 


So if you'd like to learn how to make these, pick up the Christmas issue (124) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK). 


That's all for now! Have a great weekend! I hope you're nearly ready for Christmas! I've a few more things to do before I can relax! : )


2 comments

  1. Fabulous decorations, love your quilling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, so happy for you, outstanding presentation and I sure to give this a try.... Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.