CASE Study #169

Thursday, December 5, 2013


We're doing something a little special for the month of December at CASE Study! We're honoring Cath and Moxie Fab World, wait 'til you see the inspiration photos for this month! Our first photo is simply dripping in fabulousness! I just love the opulence!


So, I was inspired by the peacock feathers, the color combo, the texture and of course the gold. So I gathered a selection of goodies echoing the inspiration photo and came up with this layered creation.


I had some actual peacock feathers in my stash left over from a wedding card commission and I couldn't resist using one, you can't beat the natural beauty of these! They really take center stage.


The sentiment is a mix from a Hero Arts stamp set that I embossed in Mirror Gold. I picked a mix of trims from my ribbon box, the Shimmer Gold Baker's Twine is from SRM Stickers. I spritzed everything with some Gold Glitter Spray from Crafter's Companion. I used some ordinary gold mirror cardstock and embossed it with an Anna Griffin embossing folder to create the background.


I had some beige seam binding that also worked pretty well with the gold tones. I couldn't resist adding some gold sequin trim, I was surprised how many gold things I could actually find in my craft room!


I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week at CASE Study, this card was a lot of fun to make and a nice break from all the Christmas cards!

Don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study team for some more inspiration! Have a great day!





2 comments

  1. Fabulous card Clare! I do love that you have an actual feather on your card...too cool! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the peacock feather ... the color palette in this card accentuates the beauty of the card ..very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.