CASE Study #170

Thursday, December 12, 2013


Hello! It's been a busy week, I've been finishing some magazine commissions and design team projects, I really want to get everything finished up so I can just relax over Christmas and enjoy some quality time with my family.

It's week two at CASE Study and we're enjoying some more inspiration from Cath formerly of Moxie Fab World. Check out the gorgeous photo this week!


I started off making a card that was all elegant and beautiful but I wasn't really feeling it so I abandoned that and had a little play instead! I really love the color combo in the inspiration, especially the strong contrast in colors and tones. I also decided to go with the snowflake theme.


I wanted to use a black base so I went with a chalkboard feel. I started with my snowman, sketched him on some white card and did a little paper-piecing for his hat and scarf. I couldn't resist adding a fuzzy bobble to his hat! I used a Distress Marker and blended it with my finger to create the shading. The edges of the card I inked with some white pigment ink. I used a white pastel pencil and a white chalk pen to add the snowflakes to the background. I also had the urge to punch some holes, so I did! I felt it needed a touch of sparkle so I added some sequins on the outside and some on the inside (lining up with the punched holes) too!


I kept the sentiment fun and just sketched it directly with the pastel pencil, then when I was happy with it I went over with the chalk pen to make it stand out more.


The Caribbean Twine is from SRM Stickers and the snowflake trim I picked up at a craft show eons ago! : ) That's all for now! I hope your holiday preparations are going well!


Don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study team for some more inspiration! Have a great day!


4 comments

  1. What a fabulous card Clare! love the colors, the cool snowman and the great night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous snowman and take on the challenge! So inspiring… I love paper piecing and don't do it enough anymore…tend to do it with dies. TFS your awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.