Getting ready for the New Year!

Monday, December 30, 2013


Well, I've been enjoying some much needed quiet time with the family and just relaxing over the Christmas holidays. It's been fabulous just to take some time and slow down! I'm feeling GREAT! : )

I'm sharing a couple of bright n' cheery New Year's Cards I had on the Core'dinations blog the other day. I had some fun using my Silhouette Portrait creating some positive and negative sentiments.


The Glitter Silk cardstock from Core'dinations cuts beautifully (all of the glitter without the mess!) using the Silhouette Portrait. I used the negative cut from this because I wanted to layer it over some stained cardstock. The silhouette file I used is #24322. The stained background underneath I made using some White Core'dinations Premium Cardstock and Distress Stains (Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry) spritzed with some water to blend. I added some gems and quilled swirls and coils as embellishments.


For my second card I used some more White Core'dinations Premium Cardstock and created a color gradient using Distress Stains (Spiced Marmalade,Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean) again spritzed with water. The cut files I used for this one are #15293 and #17221. I used some more Glitter Silk cardstock from Core'dinations on this one too and added a few star sequins, just for some added sparkle!


Ok, I'll be back with another post tomorrow with my favorite cards of 2013! I hope you're all enjoying the holidays, thanks for dropping by! : )


2 comments

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.