CASE Study #173

Thursday, January 9, 2014


Hello! I hope you're enjoying the new year so far! We have a brand new muse at CASE Study, it's the talented Donna Mikasa. Take a look at Donna's fabulous inspiration card for this week!


I CASEd the use of individual stamped letters in different colors and the color combo. I had the perfect stamp set for the job, Hero Arts Typewriter Letters and I used Memento Luxe Inks (Pear Tart, Dandelion, Angel Pink).


I had some time over the holidays to reflect on a lot of things but in particular how I'm spending my crafty time. I've been feeling that something was missing for a while now and I've realized how much I've missed painting and drawing. So, I've been doing quite a bit over the past few weeks, getting back into having a sketchbook and drawing and painting regularly. I have to say I'm really enjoying it.


So, you're probably going to see a few more of my illustrations featuring on my cards here and there, like this little birdie here! I sketched him lightly in pencil first, then colored him with watercolors and bumped up the colors with some Distress Markers once it was dry. These aren't the actual colors of this bird by the way, I painted him to fit my color scheme! : )



Don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study team for some more inspiration! Have a great day and thanks for dropping by! : )

Erin (January Guest Designer)


3 comments

  1. love it! You need a pinterest button :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, I've just added the code for it! All images can now be pinned easily! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love your bird and the cute polka dot ribbon.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.