Quilled Butterfly Bookmark

Wednesday, January 22, 2014


I've been working on a quilling commission this week, so while I had all of my quilling stuff out I made this Quilled Butterfly Bookmark. I've seen this style of bookmark online (just a printed butterfly), with a butterfly sitting at the top and I thought a quilled version would look beautiful, so I gave it a go!


This was my first time quilling a butterfly and I based it on the Orange Tip butterfly, one of my favorite Irish butterflies. It's not as perfect as I'd have liked it to be but I'm pretty happy with it!


On either side of the bookmark I stamped some foliage using Leafy Accents from Clearly Besotted Stamps and Pear Tart Memento Luxe ink. I also added some sticker sentiments from SRM Stickers (Express Yourself/Everyday). The white cardstock is from Core'dinations.


I love how the butterfly just sits on top and looks like it has just landed there. I love this style of bookmark, so I think I'll have to experiment with some other ideas using the same concept.


Oh and in case you're wondering, yes, it did take a while to quill! To make the butterfly more sturdy I sealed the back with a clear drying glue (just brushed on with a small paint brush). So it turned out quite robust. That's all for now, I'll be back tomorrow with my CASE Study card. I hope you're having a creative day! : )




7 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning. Great idea, beautifully executed. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! It turned out beautifully. I enjoy quilling, yet have never attempted a butterfly before either. You may have just inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done any quilling in years but this makes me want to get those supplies out. This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. my. goodness!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I have never tried quilling before but I'm pretty sure it's not as easy as you've made out here! Ok, going to have to have a go at that at some point as I also read shed loads of books :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.