CASE Study #179

Thursday, February 20, 2014


It's week three already at CASE Study with the talented Danielle Flanders as our muse! Check out her gorgeous card this week. SO many beautiful details!


I CASEd the stitching at the top, the use of watercolor in the background, the stars, the word 'happy' and I went for a scalloped border instead of a banner.


I used some White Premium Cardstock from Core'dinations and some acrylic paints to create the watercolor background, I started with just some splotches in the top left but then I added some plain water drips and I love how the color was dragged down. I then stamped some stars using Memento Luxe Angel Pink and VersaMagic Thatched Straw. The sentiment is from an old stamp set from The Craft's Meow, the star stamps are from the same set.


The wooden letters are from my stash and I just gave them a white wash effect with some acrylic paint. The scalloped border is a piece of balsa wood I die cut and embossed with an Anna Griffin Cuttlebug embossing folder, then white washed with paint. The turquoise base is also Core'dinations cardstock.

That's all for now, don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study ladies and our wonderful February Guest Designers.


May Park (Feb Guest Designer)
Caryn Davies (Feb Guest Designer)





2 comments

  1. Hi Clare, I saw one of your G45 cards on FB, saw your blog link on the bottom of it and thought I'd pop over to say hello and have a look at your other wonderful creations. You've got another follower here!! Love from Kilkenny, Marianne. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.