Quilled Valentine's Day Decoration Tutorial

Friday, February 7, 2014


In my previous post I showed you how to make a Simple Quilled Heart, today I'll use the same technique to create these sweet quilled Valentine's Day decorations. I used some Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock instead of paper to make these more sturdy (the color is Fuchsia Fizz).


I used a 12"x 1 1/2" strip and embossed it using an Anna Griffin embossing folder (Rosa) and lightly sanded it with my SandIt Gadget. Fold the strip in half as shown in the Simple Quilled Heart tutorial.


The technique is the same as Simple Quilled Heart tutorial but because the strip is wider you can't use a regular quilling tool you need to roll the strip around a needle type quilling tool, a darning needle or similar item.


Once you've started rolling, you can remove the tool and just continue to roll with your fingers all the way to the middle. Repeat for the other side and roll towards the folded center.


At this point, create a loop with a piece of ribbon, I used a piece of double sided tape to join the ends of the ribbon together and a strong glue to adhere it between the two quilled scrolls.


Use a tweezers to pinch the center so the ribbon is fixed firmly in place and leave to dry.


The finished heart is approximately 1 1/2" wide but you could scale this up if you wanted to create a larger decoration.



I hope you enjoyed the tutorial, let me know if you give these a go, you can leave a link in the comments below. I'd love to see your creations! Have a great weekend! : )


5 comments

  1. These look lovely for Valentines day and look easy to make too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Clare, this is a great tutorial to make this kind of hearts, I´m a beginner in the quilling and I love it, I´m sure going to try it this weekend, wow really cute, thaks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely heart Clare - and so easy to make! thanks for sharing how!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.