Simple Quilled Heart Tutorial

Thursday, February 6, 2014


Hi, I've a quick and easy quilling tutorial for you today. These simple quilled hearts make great embellishments for your paper-crafted projects and are very simple to create. Once you master the basic concept you can experiment with larger sizes and different materials. So, this is all you need, a 3mm wide quilling strip, this one is 130mm (about 5" long) and a quilling tool.


If you don't have any quilling strips, that's ok because you can use your paper trimmer to cut some from paper. Fold the strip in half to make a v-shape.


Using your quilling tool, start rolling one side towards the center, all the way to the fold and remove from the quilling tool.


Next, roll the other side all the way to the center again and release from the tool. Pinch the fold slightly and adjust the rolled scrolls to make sure they're even.


And... that's it! A completed quilled heart! Could it be any easier!! You can play around with different length strips and various width strips too.


I'll be back tomorrow with a larger version of this quilled heart that I made into a Valentine's Day decoration using Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock, I'll have some step-by-step photos on how I made it too! See you tomorrow! : )


1 comment

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. I have done this with a toothpick but I definitely need to get that quilling tool.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.