CASE Study #182 and a farewell

Thursday, March 13, 2014


It's week two at CASE Study with our fabulous muse Joni Nina Andaya! Check out her beautiful inspiration card this week.


I love the techniques Joni used on this card and I had fun experimenting with them. I CASEd the use of white embossing, the water splatter technique, the blended background and stamped sentiment.


The daffodils I sketched in pencil, then went over with a Ranger Clear embossing pen and heat embossed in white. The background I colored with a mix of watercolors and some Distress Stains (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn).


I dropped and splattered some plain water onto the background, left for a minute and dabbed the excess water away lifting the color slightly. The sentiment is an old one from The Craft's Meow.



Sadly, this is my last post as a DT member with CASE Study, I'm stepping down to focus on some other creative projects. I've really enjoyed every minute on the CASE Study team, Chupa and the rest of the ladies made it wonderful. I'm truly grateful for the experience!

That's all for now, don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study ladies and our wonderful March Guest Designers.

Sarah Gough (March Guest Designer)
Kate Lorenzini (March Guest Designer)

4 comments

  1. Your shading is wonderful on these beautiful daffodils - a sure harbinger of spring! can't wait to see them actually blooming in my garden in a few months (hopefully - if this winter EVER ends!!) Look forward to seeing what new endeavors you are involved in Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your daffodils, Clare! I love your use of colours, too! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all you've done for us, Clare! Big hugs and see you in the blogland! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card - just wonderfully done - everything about it is inspiring

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!