Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine Issue 130 (May)

Tuesday, April 22, 2014


I've a Quilling Masterclass in the May issue (130) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK). In this five page feature there's full step-by-step photo instructions on how to make this peacock card and matching tag. Also included in the back of the magazine is the template you can trace for the peacock body shape and for the feather.


I was sketching for a while before I managed to get the shape of the peacock just right! I also spent a while searching for the right color quilling papers for the feathers! But I'm really happy at how it turned out, it was definitely a labour of love! If you haven't done that much quilling before the single feather tag is a great place to start.


You could also adapt the colors slightly and make a really special wedding card that really would have that 'wow' factor! I used some fabulous Spotted Jillian Dot from Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock and some of their lovely smooth 110lb Premium Cardstock as my base for quilling.


I was so glad I had the Fontiments Birthday stamp set from Uniko Studio because it went perfectly with the peacock design! I just love that swirly font!


So if you'd like to learn how to make this peacock card and tag set, along with lots of hints and tips then pick up a copy of the May issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft. Thanks for dropping by today, have a great week! : )


8 comments

  1. Wow! These are beautiful Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Clare, enjoy this journey!!! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just amazing Clare!!! It's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! My jaw dropped and it isn't picked up yet! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.