Faux-Leather Technique Notebook

Tuesday, April 8, 2014


I've a fun Faux-Leather Technique Notebook over on the Core'dinations blog today. I used Sheena's fab video tutorial on how to create the faux-leather look using cardstock (which works fabulously using Core'dinations cardstock!). Sheena used fabric on the back of her cardstock but I just used another sheet of cardstock that I had used the faux-leather technique on and it worked really well.


It's such a fun technique to try, the glycerin and water mix really makes the cardstock so flexible! You have to try it to believe it! I used some Kraft Core from the Nostalgic Collection because I just love the colors and I used some Distress Ink to highlight the embossing. To add the soft sheen and add some durability to the surface I used some artist's Satin varnish to the cover.


Sheena has a second tutorial on how to create the page inserts for the notebook too. It's just some basic bookbinding, I used some linen thread for extra strength. The brads I added for some decorative detail.


I wrapped some leather cord around the outside of the notebook just to act as a decorative closure.


Here's a peek at the inside, I used some green Kraft Core from the Nostalgic Collection as a contrast and used a different Anna Griffin embossing folder.


I'll definitely be making more of these notebooks, they would make fabulous little gifts. I can't wait to play around with the design, the possibilities are endless! The finished size is 5x7", just in case you were wondering. For more details visit the Core'dinations blog. Thanks for dropping by today! : )




6 comments

  1. This is one amazing technique! You had me fooled! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Clare! I commented on the Core'dinations blog yesterday, but had to come for another look at your masterpiece! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare! I'm so glad I stopped by today to see this wonderful faux leather notebook - what a fabulous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is gorgeous Clare! What a fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.