Mixed-media paper Daffodil mini canvas

Tuesday, April 1, 2014


I've a mixed-media canvas on the Core'dinations blog today but I thought I'd share it here too, just in case you missed it! This piece kinda just evolved, I knew I wanted to make a mini-canvas with a spring theme using Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock but I wasn't really sure how to, so this was very much an experiment! Any excuse to play with paper!


The entire canvas is actually covered in a sheet of Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock that I distressed and crumpled with a water and glycerin mix (16:1), it makes the cardstock really malleable, so that made it much easier to cover the canvas with it. Along with some help from some Mod Podge! Once that was dry I painted over it with some acrylic paint. I just love the texture the cardstock added! I painted a few little daffodils in the distance using acrylic paint.


The daffodils are made from more distressed Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock. I cut loads of foliage from more Core and layered it all up. I used some blending chalks in the centres of the daffodils for a touch of extra color. Of course it wouldn't be a spring themed canvas without a touch of gingham! I had this gorgeous green gingham ribbon in my stash.


This really was a breath of fresh air to make. I loved making something completely different for a change and it was fun to experiment with all that Core! The possibilities are endless! I'll be back on Thursday with some more creations! See you then! : )






5 comments

  1. Oh, Clare, this makes me smile! We STILL don't have any new green (or any other color for that matter), so this sweet creation sure does make a fine substitute! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!! Love the demention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare great showcasing of the core in this spring canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, this is one amazing piece!!! Sooooo lovely!! You should teach classes on it, or sell these! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely breathtaking!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.