Fast Florals Hybrid Card

Monday, May 26, 2014


Hi! I'm sharing a floral hybrid card today. I had fun mixing some watercolor techniques with some digital elements to make this pretty floral card! I didn't use watercolor card because I wanted the surface to be nice and smooth (when scanning), so I used some 110lb Premium White Cardstock from Core'dinations. The peach cardstock I used in the background is from the Graphic45 Signature Series Lights also from Core'dinations and I lightly sanded the edges. The fab ribbon is from May Arts. Read on to see how I created the watercolor background.


Here's how it all started out! I did some quick sketches of some flowers from my garden, colored them with watercolors and added some outlining with Distress Markers. I tried not to spend too long at it because I wanted it to be just an impression. Once it was dry, I scanned it and lightened the colors in Photoshop and added the sentiment. I used my favorite font right now Bombshell Pro, I love the calligraphy feel to it.


I really enjoyed the process of this card and it really was quick. I forgot how much fun it was to make hybrid cards and the versatility that it offers too! Thanks for stopping by today! : )


3 comments

  1. Just beautiful. I never thought about designing my own paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this look and wish I could find paper such as this. I just don't have time to do what's required to make it. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting way to make a card using the hybrid technology

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.