Cheery florals using hand-carved stamps

Friday, June 20, 2014


I have to say I'm loving making these hand-carved stamps, I'm thinking up ideas for more of them already! I did find the rubber blocks a bit hard to find, they don't sell them in the craft shops here so I had to buy some online. I already had the lino cutting tools from my school days, believe it or not, they're about 20 years old, still working well though! : ) I used Distress Inks to stamp them here and they stamped really well.


I used Mowed Lawn, Barn Door and Picked Raspberry. If you're interested in getting started with hand-carving your own stamps, then I highly recommend Geninne's Art Blog, she gives some wonderful tips. She's also written a book Making an Impression: Designing and Creating Artful Stamps, which I bought a while ago and just love!


The sentiment stamp is from Lawn Fawn, which I thought went pretty well with the style. I also made a second card, with some fun folds, this one's called a swing card. Here's a link to a tutorial.


It folds completely flat, so perfect for mailing! I used some of my hand-carved stamps again, this time I did a little fussy cutting and added the flowers to the swing panel using foam pads.


The patterned paper is from Love Notes by Crate Paper and the sentiment stamp is again from Lawn Fawn. What I love about the swing card is that fun center panel that flips round to reveal your message!


Ok, that's all for now, I hope I inspired you to maybe give stamp carving a try or at least try out the swing card, it's a lot of fun! Have a great weekend, we're off to a flower and garden festival in my hometown and the weather looks promising! : )




4 comments

  1. Beautiful cards once again, but I love your 2nd one especially! Why haven't I ever thought to stamp a pretty bouquet and then cut it out and feature it like this? Beautifully done, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Have you seen Godelieve Tijskens blog, Stamping Mathilda? She also makes some amazing hand carved stamps - you can check them out here http://stampingmathilda.blogspot.be/2012/12/carving-stamps.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the wonderful link Lynn! Very inspiring!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.