Hand-carved feather stamp

Wednesday, June 25, 2014


So, I've been having so much fun making hand-carved stamps I made a few more! I love feathers and I really wanted a bold feather stamp, so I sketched a simple dotty feather, transferred it to my rubber carving block and carved it out using my lino cutting tools.


I used Distress Inks - Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed to stamp a simple background pattern. The sentiment is also hand-carved, that was a little more tricky to carve but I took my time and it turned out ok! The yellow cardstock is from the Core'dinations Essentials Brights Collection and I embossed it using a chevron embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. I made a second card using the same color palette but created a watercolor effect background instead.


To create the watercolor effect I repeat stamped the thanks sentiment using Mustard Seed Distress Ink, then brushed it with a wet paint brush to blend the ink, then while still wet I splattered some Salty Ocean Distress Stain on top. Once dry I stamped the sentiment using Salty Ocean Distress Ink.


The feathers I stamped, simply cut out and popped on some foam pads for dimension. The thanks sentiment is also hand-carved!


Here's what the carved feather stamp looks like! I'm pretty sure you're going to see some more hand-carved stamps soon, I think I'm addicted, I've even ordered more rubber stamp blocks to carve!


That's all for now! Our dry spell has finally broken here, it hadn't rained in nearly two weeks, we just had a downpour and the water butt is overflowing! I'm glad I won't have to water the garden this evening! : )


5 comments

  1. So bright and crisp, both of your cards, Clare! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards and colours Clare, your hand carved stamps are fantastic. You could sell these. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your two cards look wonderful. You can be proud of your own stamping.
    Your feathers looks real pretty. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feather is fabulous! You made an excellent job of carving the sentiment too! You have made me want to try stamp carving again now :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.