Watercolor effect and hand-carved stamps!

Thursday, June 19, 2014


I've a fun watercolor effect card to share today, I used Distress Inks and some hand-carved stamps to make it! I tried a few different watercolor techniques but this one was the easiest and I really liked the results.


So I stamped the floral pattern onto some white cardstock using Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry and Mowed Lawn, then once I'd finished stamping the whole pattern I simply spritzed it with some water so the colors bled and left it to dry! Easy! : )


The 'hello' was cut from some black cardstock (No.28) Tim Holtz Kraft-Core from the Nostalgic Collection from Core'dinations using my Silhouette Portrait. I popped it onto some vellum and added a sticker sentiment We've Got Your Sticker - Happy from SRM Stickers. The baker's twine was also from SRM Stickers. The green cardstock is Meadow from Core'dinations and I used a David Tutera white smooth card base (A7) which comes with a matching envelope!


Here's my little collection of hand-carved stamps! They're so much fun to make and stamp with! I love how instant the process is to! More about these in another post. That's all for now!


4 comments

  1. This is such a pretty card! Your hand carved stamps are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lady of so many talents, Clare! Love this sweet floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever to carve your own stamps, your card is pretty

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.