Feathery Fun!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014


Sorry for my absence, it's been a bit of a juggling act this month with Isabelle on her summer holidays and trying to meet commission deadlines, the poor old blog suffered a bit! Isabelle's been having a great time, she did a gymnastics camp and a horse riding camp, so there's been a lot of traveling around!

I'm all up-to-date with my work now and I finally got to make a card just for fun!! I made this feather patterned paper using my hand-carved feather stamp a few weeks ago and I was dying to use it on a card.


I did a bit of experimenting with this, stamped onto damp paper, added some splatters for a watercolor effect, then once dry I stamped over the feathers again slightly off register and added some color to the stripes using Distress Markers!


The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and I added some fab turquoise Core'dinations cardstock and some from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection. The ribbon is from May Arts and I couldn't resist adding the fun turquoise feather!

I've a stack of stamp carving blocks that I ordered that I'm just itching to get carving! So, you should be seeing some more hand-carved stamps on here pretty soon! : ) Off to have some crafty fun! Have a super week!


2 comments

  1. This is delightful Clare! Your feather stamp is wonderful and I love your chosen colourscheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card - the mix of textures and colours is great

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.