Paper flower tutorial - large rose with stamen

Wednesday, August 20, 2014


A little while ago a lady contacted me about a flower I made for a project, this one I think and she wanted to know how I made it. She liked that the centre was big and poofy. So I finally got around to it and here's the fairly simple photo tutorial.


The materials needed are some Core'dinations cardstock, I used Vanilla Cream, the Sizzix Tattered Florals die, Big Shot, a Sand-It Gadget, a pen with a rounded lid, foam mat, craft sheet and some stamen. First I die cut all the pieces needed, I snipped between the petals slightly on the smaller die cut. Then I sanded all the edges.


On a craft sheet with a foam mat underneath I used the rounded lid of a pen and pressed into the petals of each die cut to create a cupped shape. I repeated this for each layer.


I made a small hole in the centre of each layer for the stamen to pass through. I folded over a bunch of stamen and added them to the centre of the smallest die-cut layer. Then I continued to add each layer, adding a small amount of glue between the layers and making sure the petals alternated.


Once all the layers were added I just tidied up the back of the flower with some masking tape, this helps to smooth out the back and make it less bulky because of the stamen.


Then I just shaped the petals with my fingers, especially the centre, you need to press this layer almost closed to create a nice ball effect and that's it! These make great embellishments for wedding cards and gift bags when you want something with a little more oomph! : )




6 comments

  1. LOVE this breathtaking flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare what stencil do you use for the petals? Thanks for the video and instructions - wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie, I didn't use a stencil, it's a die that you use in a die-cutting machine. The die is by Sizzix and is called the Tattered Florals die by Tim Holtz. I hope that helps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make this look so easy.Very intricate..pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely bloom! I shall definetely be trying this when I can get hold of some stamens. Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.