Petaloo and Core'dinations - Back to School

Monday, August 11, 2014


Petaloo have teamed up with Core'dinations for a series of 'Back to School' themed blog hops. Pop on over to the Core'dinations Blog for all the details on how to WIN some great prizes! First up I made this fun apple shaped card using my Silhouette Portrait, design ID for the apple is #64361. I used some of Core'dinations new Chalk Core range for the base and tag, the Colors selections are just fabulous. I teamed some red Chalk Core with some cardstock from the Graphic45 Signature Series Darks Collection, embossed using a herringbone embossing folder.


I used flowers from Petaloo Botanica Petite's Pistachio and Darjeeling Mini Daisies Nightfall. The stitched grosgrain if from Petaloo Fancy Trims Black. I just used a white pen to write the text on the tag. Next up I made a Chalkboard Easel Card.


Again I used my Silhouette Portrait and a cut file #63016 to cut the card base from some brown cardstock from the Graphic45 Signature Series Darks Collection. This time I embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder and sanded the surface with my Sand-It Gadget. I used some white Chalk Core from Core'dinations for the center panel and sanded the edges lightly to reveal some of the core. Then I hand lettered the text using a white pastel pencil, then went over it with a white pen.


The flowers are from Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Daisies Nightfall and Darjeeling Dahlias Nightfall. The black lace trim is from Petaloo Fancy Trims Black. My last project is a cute owl gift bag!


Again I used a cut file #45530 to make this but I added a strip of cardstock to make a handle that wasn't in the design. The brown cardstock is from Graphic45 Signature Series Darks Collection from Core'dinations and I used Vanilla Cream on the wings and belly embossed with herringbone. I used some more white Chalk Core from Core'dinations to make the tag and added the text with a white pen.


The flower is from Petaloo Darjeeling Collection. I also used some flowers from this collection on the belly of the owl to add a textured feather effect, I simply separated the layers and snipped each layer in half, they were just perfect for the feathers!


Here are all three projects (Apple Card, Chalkboard Easel card and Owl Gift Bag) together. I hope you enjoyed my back to school projects!


Thanks for dropping by today, enjoy the rest of the Petaloo and Core'dinations 'Back to School' inspiration this week. Oh and don't forget Core'dinations is having a DESIGN TEAM call right now, check out all the details here.



4 comments

  1. These are so fun and adorable!
    I should get to work on a few back to school projects too, as they seem so fun to do!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire! what wonderful school projects you've created! The 'feathers' on the owl are SO fun! Love the apple and black board shapes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the who-who and his flower-feathers and textured beak

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.