Christmas Wishes - Robin in the Snow

Friday, November 28, 2014


Hello! I can't believe it's nearly December already, time is just flying by! As you can see I'm still having fun making hand-carved stamps. I made this little Robin (european Robin, there are other ones apparently!) stamp and some snowflake stamps. To stamp the Robin I used sponge daubers to apply the different coloured Memento inks and stamped onto smooth white cardstock. The snowflakes I stamped using VersaMark ink and heat embossed in white. I used watercolour paints to colour the background night sky and shadows in the snow. Once the background was dry I added the hand-lettering, in pencil first (because I'm not that confident yet) and then using white acrylic paint and a small paintbrush. To finish I added some shading using coloured pencils.

I love how the finished illustration turned out but it wasn't exactly quick to make. The Robin is my favourite Christmas image and I really wanted this to be my Christmas card for sending to family and friends this year. So I decided to scan the illustration and get some cards professionally printed! I searched online to see what various printers offered but ended up going with one recommended by a friend and I'm glad I did. I used Printed.com and I was surprised at how easy and fast the whole process was (done and dusted in less than a week!). They even provide you with a template to help you create your card and there are lots of various options to choose from, cardstock, size, fold options etc. So here they are! My first printed Christmas cards!


I had a few extra printed because each card is better value the more units you buy. So I have some to sell in my Etsy shop too. I decided to offer them for sale individually and as sets of 5, wrapped in a little baker's twine of course!


I had fun with the styling too, as you can see, I popped out to the garden and snipped some foliage, added some Christmas decorations and laid it all on top of an old vintage box. I love how the finished look turned out!

I really enjoyed the whole process and it got me thinking that this might be the direction I want to go in. So watch this space, you may be seeing more of my creations printed in the future.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for dropping by today and happy crafting!


8 comments

  1. Stunning Clare, you make the carving look so easy . Fantastic detail. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and original Clare! I have tried Lino carving and printing and it is not easy, so well done!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastic Clare!! I wondered what you were carving when you showed us that you were carving a stamp. I'm in awe that you made your own stamp, and the card is beautiful too!! Merry Christmas to you: have a wonderful holiday!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! Merry Christmas to you too! : )

      Delete
  4. Wow! this is so lovely and sweet! I totally love this Christmas wishes featuring a wintery scene with a robin! Oh my, I'd love to get this on Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.