Valentine's Day Quick Makes

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


I'm just popping in with a peek at some cards I had published in the January issue (139) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine. These were part of the Quick Makes feature. I got to use some gorgeous papers from American Crafts (Shimelle) and some gold foiled thickers to make these. There's full step-by-step instructions on how to make them in the magazine. There's also a great masterclass on paper mosaic cards by Dorothy in this issue and lots more inspiration. You can pick up a copy in your local newsagents!


We had some snow the last couple of days, a good few inches, not something we get that often here in Ireland. I took a few photos from around the garden this morning before it all melts! Isabelle's summer house had quite a bit of snow on the porch.


The new pond was frozen over and the bridge covered in snow. No frogs in there yet! We've had a lot more cold snaps compared to last year but it can change quite a lot in just a couple of days.


There's a storm due later today bringing milder weather but high winds and rain along with it! I think I prefer the snow! : ) Don't forget to feed the birds if it's cold where you are, I could tell they really appreciated the extra food this morning. If you don't have peanut feeders up they can eat uncooked porridge oats, it will help to keep them going in the cold weather.


That's all for now, stay warm and cozy wherever you are in the world! I made some lovely homemade tomato soup yesterday and I'm looking forward to a warm bowl of it at lunchtime! It's the perfect fuel for your body at this time of year. Thanks for dropping by today.


2 comments

  1. Wonderful photos. We had an icy mixture this morning but just heavy rain since.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.