Follow your dreams...

Friday, February 13, 2015


I've another illustrated card to share today, this one again combines some hand-carved stamps, hand-lettering, watercolours and coloured pencils. I had an image of this card stuck in my head for a while now and I just had to manifest it into reality! I love dreamcatchers, they're just magical, so I sketched out some ideas and whipped up a dreamcatcher stamp set. Yes, hand-carving stamps is wonderful, you have an idea and pretty quickly you have the finished stamp. I used Memento inks to stamp it and the stamp itself was carved from a Speedball Speedy-Cut Block using lino cutting tools. (TIP: Use a sharp knife or scalpel to cut right into corners or to cut out small areas)


Once I was happy with the layout, I stamped the dreamcatcher with inks and added my hand-lettering in pencil. I added the watercolour background then painted the lettering using white acrylic paint to really make it pop.


I added some shading with coloured pencils and this was the end result! Scanned and printed here's the finished card. I love the mix of colours in this and the graduated background. It turned out just as I imagined! : )


That's all for now, I hope I might have inspired you to try something new, have a creative weekend! Oh and Happy Valentine's Day! I'll be back tomorrow with a fun Valentine's Day card! : )


6 comments

  1. So cool! How long does it take you to carve a stamp and do the stamps cling to an acrylic block or do you just stamp them direct to paper? You have me intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! It doesn't take me too long to carve a stamp, about 30-45 minutes, depending on the detail. You don't need acrylic blocks or anything else, the carved stamp is quite thick, about 1cm, so it's ready to stamp direct, which I love! They are a lot of fun to make! : )

      Delete
  2. Clare, another beautiful card!! You really should see about getting picked up by a card manufacturer to have these printed and sold at stores: your designs are so lovley!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! That would be a dream! : )

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.