Around the garden... and the pond!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015


We had some glorious sunshine the other day and I took the opportunity to take a few photos from around the garden. The daffodils have nearly gone now but the tulips are ready to take over the show, I love these cheery pink ones, they have a hint of peach at the tips.


I'm always taking photos of flowers for inspiration, it's great to be able to work from your own photos when creating something. It's great even just for colour inspiration.


I've a thing for apple green flowers, they're just so fresh and work well with so many different plants. This beauty is a double hellebore.


It could be mistaken for a forget-me-not but it's actually Brunnera macrophylla and does well in shady spots. It's easy to divide, so you have lots more to plant in your garden. I adore dainty flowers and this is one of my favourites!


Another of my favourites is this fabulous shrub that has the most beautiful fragrance, Viburnum burkwoodii. You just have to stop and smell it! Finally here's a peek at our very new and slightly green pond! We're hoping the new pond plants (including some oxygenators) will sort out the green tinge!


The simple bridge is a great spot for spotting tadpoles and the fascinating Whirligig beetle. We have a small solar powered little fountain which gives us the trickling sound of water, when the sun is shining!


I managed to get a photo of the famous tadpoles too! They're getting bigger by the day. I'll take some more pics later in the season when the pond plants have grown and the tadpoles have become little frogs, fingers crossed they don't get eaten by anything! Isabelle would be very disappointed!


That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed the photos! I'll be back soon with a new pattern design inspired by the florals on my hand-lettered card in the previous post.


6 comments

  1. So enjoyed your garden, Clare! You are weeks and weeks ahead of us here in Ohio! We have daffodils, Lenten roses, and a few snowdrops and that's it; everything else is winter dreary.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're lucky here it's quite mild. It's been unusually dry and sunny recently and some plants are ahead of themselves, my Aquilegias are almost in flower too! I won't complain though it's lovely to see all the flowers in the garden.

      Delete
  2. Lovely flowers, and the pond looks wonderful. And so glad you have tadpoles for Isabelle to watch grow. I brought home some tadpoles when I was in 4th grade and my mom bought a pan to put them in and fish food to feed them and I still remember that time fondly. I kept putting the little froggy's back in the water because I didn't want them to all hop away! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember having little frogs in the garden too when I was a child. They are fun to watch in the pond. I hope they stick around the garden for a while and don't hop away!

      Delete
  3. Clare, Please check your email inbox, I hope it didn't end up in your junk folder. The email address that I sent it with is different from this one, the subject bar should read Flower Pictures. What I wrote I felt was to long to write on your wall. Thank you for sharing your walk in the garden:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for your lovely email! I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.