Free Quilling Kit

Monday, May 11, 2015


In this month's issue (May issue 143) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine there's a fabulous free gift of a 3-in-1 quilling kit! It includes 60 quilling papers and two essential tools (including a circle gauge ruler which is very handy!).


I was commissioned to create five cards and a tag using the papers and tools from the kit. I have to say I never used a circle gauge ruler when I was quilling before but now having used it I think I'll always use it! It makes it so much easier to create uniform shapes. I really liked the colours of the quilling papers too, really lovely shades to work with.


I made a variety of cards for different levels of experience, the balloons card is definitely the easiest and quick to make if you're new to quilling. There's full step-by-step instructions in the magazine on how to create each card. The cute owl I used on a tag but it would look great on a card too.


Of course I included some flowers, one of my favourite things to quill. Also in the feature are a quilled cupcake card, scroll filled heart design and a butterfly in flight. You should still be able to pick up a copy in your local newsagents or supermarket, the next issue is out on the 19th of May!

That's all for now, thanks for dropping by!


5 comments

  1. Hi Clare. Your flowers are adorable on this card. I have quilling paper, the circle ruler and more, and I don't use it that much. You have just inspired me, with your beautiful flowers, to pick it up again and make something. Thanks for sharing this....Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! I'm so glad I inspired you to do some quilling again! Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Hi Clare. I love the flowers on this card. I have all the quilling supplies I need and hardly use them. You have inspired me to pick them up and make something with your beautiful flowers. Thank you for sharing this......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.