Colour Clinic

Monday, August 17, 2015


In the August issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine, I was commissioned to do the Colour Clinic feature and I got to try out Spectrum Aqua Markers from Crafter's Companion. They're a water-based marker and blend just like watercolours.


I loved the range of colours and tried them on various types of paper but I found they work best on watercolour paper, where they blend perfectly using a moist paint brush. For my cards I stamped the images using Versamark ink and heat embossed the outlines in a silver making it easier to contain the blended watercolours. I also made an ombre effect panel using the markers and blended with water. The markers are dual-tip and would be great for sketch work as well as colouring stamps. I'd definitely recommend them!


That's all for now. I'm just finishing up a few commission projects but I'll share a few pics from our trip to Scotland as soon as I get a chance. We went to an amazing Owl centre, so you might be seeing a few owls featuring in my Bird Illustration Challenge soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.